Re: "stable" gdb and binutils

   I will port gdb and binutils to a new CPU and are thinking about using
   CGEN for this.  It seems that CGEN isn't included in the last stable
   release of gdb (version 5.0 that is).  Could you maybe suggest a
   "stable" snapshot of gdb that I should use ?

CGEN is not packaged as part of any GNU package (although there are some
configuiry/Makefile targets to help with a port).  You should merely use the
latest GDB version for your port.  The per-target interfaces in GDB should
insulate you from any on-going changes since 5.0.

Cheers, Ben