Re: branch probability hinting

Hi -

echristo suggests "expect", which I don't like because
it doesn't have a natural opposite ("unexpect"?).  mrg
suggests "predict_true". which I don't like because it's
too verbose.  I like "LIKELY" because it's short,
eyecatching, and a reversible adjective/adverb that
suggests a meta-function rather than an ordinary function.

I'd like to stick with LIKELY/UNLIKELY for now, until
a better candidate comes along later, riding alongside
a champion who is eager enough to do the renaming.

- FChE

PGP signature