Re: escaping in syntax strings

bje wrote:

:   Frank> : Is it a bug that I had to use "... \\$" in my cpu description?
:   Frank> Try plain "\$".
:
: I did.  It reached the relevant routine as merely `$'.  It looks like
: an earlier stage of processing stripped that level of escaping.  I
: definitely needed two \\'s to make it work.

Okay.  This is probably a problem with using the same general escape
character ("\") in strings, as well as within syntax strings for the
"$" code.  Perhaps the latter should be changed to be more like "make",
i.e., "$$" means "$".

By the way, why do you need a "$" in the syntax string?  Are you
confusing register name keywords or hexadecimal constants with
the markers that actually belong into the syntax strings?

- FChE