Re: PATCH: string-expansion macros

Doug Evans <dje@transmeta.com> writes:

> I think that's the way things should work,
> and I wonder if needing to reverse it reveals a problem that
> is best solved differently.

Intercepts are one use, whereas what I have implemented is a
"fallback" to be used only when a real insn won't match.  Both are
valid, IMO.  What needs to be done differently is to allow the
programmer to specify whether they want to intercept or if they want
to offer fallback.  Sounds like the least disruptive way to go is to
retain intercept semantics as the default, and allow an attribute to
specify fallback semantics.

Greg