Re: Getting started...

Hi.

  Jakob> 2) When I try to run the ./configure file from the unpacked
  Jakob> cgen-1.0.tar.gz file I get the following messages:

I would strongly recommend using the CGEN tree from the CVS
repository.  The cgen snapshot you're using is almost a year old now
and many improvements have been made since then.

  Jakob> 4) Conclusion: Not much happened!

Not much is meant to happen -- cgen is purely interpreted by Guile.
The `make' step is pretty much a no-op.

  Jakob> I hope someone can help me getting started. I plan to do a complete port
  Jakob> of an existing design before starting on my own, so I can fully
  Jakob> understand the tools.

Good idea.  Do you have opcodes/ and sim/ build trees ready to
regenerate the files?  There are FAQ items for doing this, if I recall
correctly.

Ben