Re: problems simulating register-only architecture...

  lehotsky> But when I set up my "model" as follows, it doesn't work; is it
  lehotsky> possible that the define-pmacro EA is evaluated at the
  lehotsky> wrong time?

You can debug such problems by raising the level of verbosity in the
sim generator.  Set CGENFLAGS="-v -v -v -v" (I think).

  lehotsky> Or, do I need to write my "get" and "set" accessors as
  lehotsky> escapes to C code to make this work?

That shouldn't be necessary.  If it is, it's a bug.

  lehotsky> ; The actual memory.... 512 32 bit words == 2048 bytes
  lehotsky> ;
  lehotsky> (define-hardware
  lehotsky>   (name h-memory)
  lehotsky>   (comment "all addressable data memory")
  lehotsky>   (type memory QI (2048))
  lehotsky> )

  lehotsky> (define-pmacro (EA index)

Is your pmacro really defined *after* the hardware elements?  Have you
tried placing it before all of its applications?

Ben