Re: problems simulating register-only architecture...

At 8:35 AM +1000 5/25/01, Ben Elliston wrote:

>  lehotsky> But when I set up my "model" as follows, it doesn't work; is it
>  lehotsky> possible that the define-pmacro EA is evaluated at the
>  lehotsky> wrong time?
>
>You can debug such problems by raising the level of verbosity in the
>sim generator.  Set CGENFLAGS="-v -v -v -v" (I think).

	I assume this is a make flag, not an environment variable.  Thanks for the suggestion...

>  lehotsky> Or, do I need to write my "get" and "set" accessors as
>  lehotsky> escapes to C code to make this work?
>
>That shouldn't be necessary.  If it is, it's a bug.
>
>  lehotsky> ; The actual memory.... 512 32 bit words == 2048 bytes
>  lehotsky> ;
>  lehotsky> (define-hardware
>  lehotsky>   (name h-memory)
>  lehotsky>   (comment "all addressable data memory")
>  lehotsky>   (type memory QI (2048))
>  lehotsky> )
>
>  lehotsky> (define-pmacro (EA index)
>
>Is your pmacro really defined *after* the hardware elements?  Have you
>tried placing it before all of its applications?

	Yes.  I was wondering if that would work, but nothing complained......

	I'll try putting things in predeclared order....

-- Al

		    Quality Software Management
		http://home.earthlink.net/users/~qsmgmt
			apl@alum.mit.edu
			(978)287-0435 Voice
			(978)808-6836 Cell
			(978)287-0436 Fax

	Software Process Improvement and Management Consulting
	     Language Design and Compiler Implementation