Urgent build problem with Re: patch to allow any character in keyword

geoffk wrote:

: ===File ~/patches/cgen-keywordspecials.patch================
: Index: devo/opcodes/ChangeLog
: 2001-06-13  Geoffrey Keating  <geoffk@redhat.com>
:
: 	* cgen-asm.c (cgen_parse_keyword): When looking for the
: 	boundaries of a keyword, allow any special characters
: 	that are actually in one of the allowed keyword.
: 	* cgen-opc.c (cgen_keyword_add): Add any special characters
: 	to the nonalpha_chars field.
:
: Index: devo/cgen/ChangeLog
: 2001-06-13  Geoffrey Keating  <geoffk@redhat.com>
:
: 	* desc.scm (<keyword> 'gen-defn): Add extra zero into
: 	CGEN_KEYWORD_ENTRY initializers.
:
: Index: devo/include/opcode/ChangeLog
: 2001-06-13  Geoffrey Keating  <geoffk@redhat.com>
:
: 	* cgen.h (cgen_keyword): Add nonalpha_chars field.

Oops, there is a big problem with this patch, and I think it will have
to be reverted for now.

This is because the cgen.h change is not compatible with previously
generated opcodes files.  That in turn requires that every single
existing cgen-based opcodes port has to be regenerated (and given a
test run, etc.)  at the same time.  This hasn't been done, and
therefore, builds of older ports now break.

So, Geoff, want to revert or regenerate/retest them all?

I'm sorry I didn't realize this yesterday.  This hassle suggests that
a solution that doesn't involve changing global structs should be
investigated.

- FChE