Re: Urgent build problem with Re: patch to allow any character in keyword

> Cc: cgen@sources.redhat.com
> From: fche@redhat.com (Frank Ch. Eigler)
> Date: 15 Jun 2001 13:16:11 -0400
>

> geoffk wrote:
>
> : ===File ~/patches/cgen-keywordspecials.patch================
> : Index: devo/opcodes/ChangeLog
> : 2001-06-13  Geoffrey Keating  <geoffk@redhat.com>
> :
> : 	* cgen-asm.c (cgen_parse_keyword): When looking for the
> : 	boundaries of a keyword, allow any special characters
> : 	that are actually in one of the allowed keyword.
> : 	* cgen-opc.c (cgen_keyword_add): Add any special characters
> : 	to the nonalpha_chars field.
> :
> : Index: devo/cgen/ChangeLog
> : 2001-06-13  Geoffrey Keating  <geoffk@redhat.com>
> :
> : 	* desc.scm (<keyword> 'gen-defn): Add extra zero into
> : 	CGEN_KEYWORD_ENTRY initializers.
> :
> : Index: devo/include/opcode/ChangeLog
> : 2001-06-13  Geoffrey Keating  <geoffk@redhat.com>
> :
> : 	* cgen.h (cgen_keyword): Add nonalpha_chars field.
>

> Oops, there is a big problem with this patch, and I think it will have
> to be reverted for now.
>
> This is because the cgen.h change is not compatible with previously
> generated opcodes files.  That in turn requires that every single
> existing cgen-based opcodes port has to be regenerated (and given a
> test run, etc.)  at the same time.  This hasn't been done, and
> therefore, builds of older ports now break.
>
> So, Geoff, want to revert or regenerate/retest them all?
>
> I'm sorry I didn't realize this yesterday.  This hassle suggests that
> a solution that doesn't involve changing global structs should be
> investigated.

Because the field is only added, at the end, and the default
initialisation is OK, it's not necessary to regenerate the opcode
files.  If the warning is bugging people, I can easily hand-edit all
the opcode files to add the extra "".

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org>