Re: problems about "building a GAS test suite"

Hi -

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 09:46:45PM +0800, gongyq wrote:
> [...]
> > % make ARCH=m32r ISA=m32r gas-test
>
> First, when I run make gas-test, I follow the rule you mention above.
> But the generated "gas-build.sh" file includes the following lines:
> [...]
> add:
>         add fp,fp
>         .text
>         .global add3
> add3:
>         add3 fp,fp,00
>         .text
>         .global and
> [...]
> Does this seem reasonable? (for you convenience I send you the file to check.)

I'll assume they're okay for now: you have other problems:

> [...]
> second, would you please tell me explicitly how to configure the assembler
> (you know, I use gas) for target(in my case, it might be m32r), because it
> isn't mentioned in the CGEN manual? Is it like this:
> "configure --target=m32r"? But when I try to configure in this way, I
> get many errors when I run make in the build directory, so I can't get
> the file "as-new".

Well, you need to overcome this problem.  A properly target assembler is
essential to making progress: it is a prerequisite to building a new
test suite.  Check out a copy of the whole binutils+cgen kit from the
sources.redhat.com /cvs/src repository, configure a build tree with
"--target=m32r", then run "make".  Please report any build failures
if you cannot solve them by yourself.

- FChE