Re: Require some enhancement in CGEN for decoder of disassember

Jie Zhang writes:
 > > On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 11:59:13AM +0800, Jie Zhang wrote:
 > > > I encounter a problem when I'm using CGEN to port binutils.
 > > > In my target, there is a rather strange 4-bit field.
 > > > There are two insns, A and B. This field is operand in insn A,
 > > > but opcode for insn B.
 > > > [...]
 > > > In insn A, the value of the operand can range from 0 through 14.
 > > > If this field is 15, then the insn is B.
 > > > [...]
 > >
 > > One way to model this with CGEN is to act like the operand/opcode
 > > field is opcode only, by replicating instruction A 15 times, each
 > > with a different value (0..14) for the problematic field.  You
 > > might also need some custom operand parsers to assert that each
 > > variant of A will match only if the given logical operand matches
 > > the actual one.
 > >
 > > If the only piece of the toolchain producing incorrect behavior is
 > > the disassembler, you may also be able to make it work by turning
 > > off disassembly hashing (#define CGEN_DIS_HASH(buf,value) 0).
 >
 > Thank you!
 > The first method is not feasible, because the field acts as operand in
 > all insns (about 30) but one. We would have 30 * 15 insn descriptions
 > if we replicated each insn 15 times.
 >
 > We tried the second method. The situation became better. But there are still
 > some insns disassembled incorrectly.
 >
 > I expect that CGEN can find out such operand and generate some code
 > to deal with it.

Assuming I understand the issue correctly,
"ifield assertions" is the intended way to handle this.
[relevant insns have an additional predicate that is used
to assert whether a particular set of field values is ok]
If they don't work here then let's make them work.