Re: exposed pipeline patch (long!)

On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 12:55, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:

> I believe this was added with good intentions: because the "delay"
> operator name was already in some token use for older sim ports, and
> we did not want to break them.

yes. the semantics were enhanced to a superset of those in "sim" common.
unfortunately rtl trees seem to be given a fixed operational semantics
in terms of the C code they generate. there is, from my limited
understanding, no other place in which an application is *able* to alter
interpretation of the (delay...) rtl node, or its sub-nodes, without
replacing parts of "the" rtl-evaluator.

I certainly would have liked to put all these changes in *-sid.scm, I
just didn't find any practical way to do so. any suggestions?

-graydon