Re: RFA: hardware can have ISA attributes, too

Doug Evans <dje@transmeta.com> writes:
> The patch to mach.scm is fine.

Okay, great!

> I'm not sure about the patch to provide extern @arch@_cgen_hw_table though.
> If it's ultimately needed, great.
> The way it's intended to normally work is that you access the CGEN_HW_ENTRY
> elements via struct cgen_cpu_desc . hw_table.

I had considered instantiating a desc, the way the disassembler does.
That would work, too.  But I wasn't sure how expensive they were, and
I knew the information I needed was right there in the table, no
allocation necessary.

The toolchain at hand could be handling up to a dozen processor
variants.  There'd be a separate desc instantiated for each variant
the user refers to in a single GDB session.  Does that seem
reasonable?