Is there a function in cgen for parsing short integers?

Hi,

I am porting cgen to a 16 bit architecture. The immediates are 16 bits long. I am also parsing all hex numbers as signed numbers. Hence 0xFFFF will be -1.
When I parse -1, I get 0xFFFFFFFF, since cgen_parse_signed_integer accepts a long.
My problem is that since the max size of immediate can only be 16 bits, I want to flag an error if the user enters an immediate like 0xFFFFFFFF. However, since -1 is parsed as a long, there is no way for me to restrict the length of the immediates to 16 bits.

Is there an equivalent function for parsing short integers as well?

Cheers,
Mehak