Re: new do-count rtl

Dave Korn wrote:
Doug Evans wrote:
Hi.

What do folks think of adding a new rtl for iterating a specified
number of times.

Something like

(do-count nr-times iter-var expr1 [expr2 ...])

For now the result would always be void, and iter-var would always
have mode INT.
The set of expressions is performed nr-times times and iter-var has
values 0 ... nr-times - 1.

?

Checked in.

I don't speak scheme or guile, but I'm learning, so forgive me in advance if this is a dumb question: Does this differ from using a .map on an .iota when generating a parameter to an rtl s-expr?

    cheers,
      DaveK

If one knows the number of iterations in advance, yes, they're essentially equivalent. do-count means less rtl, which can be useful, but that's it.
[As it turns out I need to be able to make the number of iterations an expression, and not just a constant.]