Re: RFA: XStormy16: Fix implementation of MOVF instruction

OK with me.

Thanks,
Dave

On 11/02/2010 12:18 PM, Nick Clifton wrote:
Hi Dave, Hi Frank,

I don't know that this port has a maintainer for CGEN/SID. However, I
think that testing against a specific test case which exhibits the bug
and running the SID testsuite for --target=xstormy16-elf should be
sufficient. I see that there is no test case for this insn in
sid/component/testsuite/sidcomp.cgen-cpu.xstormy16, so please add one
before running the test suite.

The attached patch does that. (It actually adds 4 new tests, one for each variant of the pre-decrement/post-increment load/store version of the MOVF instruction).

In the course of checking the patch I also found that all of the XStormy16 tests were failing because the "pass" and "fail" macros had not been updated to match the new parameter layout for the write syscall. So the patch fixes this as well.

Then I found several testcases that were failing due to endian mistakes, so those have been fixed as well.

Tested with an xstormy16-elf toolchain and no regressions.

OK to apply (along with the original MOVF patch) ?

Cheers
  Nick
2010-11-02  Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com>

    * testutils.inc (pass): Update parameter layout for write syscall.
    (fail): Likewise.
    * movgrgrii.cgs: Fix endianness typo in assertion.
    * movgrgriipostinc.cgs: Likewise.
    * movgrgriipredec.cgs: Likewise.
    * movgrgripostinc.cgs: Likewise.
    * movgrgripredec.cgs: Likewise.
    * movgrigr.cgs: Likewise.
    * movgriipostincgr.cgs: Likewise.
    * movgripostincgr.cgs: Likewise.
    * movgripredecgr.cgs: Likewise.
    * rrcgrgr.cgs: Rotate only inserts carry flag once.
    * rrcgrimm4.cgs: Likewise.
    * movfgrgriipostinc.cgs: New test.  Checks MOVF load with
    post increment.
    * movfgrgriipredec.cgs: New test.  Checks MOVF load with
    pre decrement.
    * movfgriipostincgr.cgs: New test.  Checks MOVF store with
    post increment.