SDS SingleStep with GCC for PowerPC? GDB with HP JTAG box?

Hello,

Has anyone done the combination of powerpc-eabi-gcc with the SingleStep
debugger?  I find that SingleStep doesn't grok GCC's DWARF info no
matter which way I hold my face during compilation and linking.

In case you're interested in SDS: FYI, their tech support people have
not returned my email with even a "we're working on it" in five days
elapsed since my simple query.  We have 14 seats of their very expensive
debugger.  Possibly we won't purchase more...

Any hint toward a solution would be very helpful...

One more question: We use the HP JTAG boxes (HP E3452A) to drive our
PowerPC target board for download and debugging.  Has anyone got any
experience (i.e., done the remote backend) with GDB and this device?  Is
anyone interested if *I* do one?

Thanks.

Alan Mimms
Software Engineer
Packet Engines, Inc.
PO Box 14497
Spokane, WA   99214
(509)777-7326
alan@packetengines.com

"We strive to efficiently build low-risk high-yield paradigms." -- the
Dilbert Mission Statement Generator
<http://umweb1.unitedmedia.com/comics/dilbert/duh/bin/ms_gen/ms2.cgi>