Re: Results of "downloading compressed program images" request

Try reading a patent these days - they are written by lawyers, for
lawyers, and not people like us who have to understand the technical
(much less legal) implications.

As an example of how absurd the patent system has become, I present:

>US PATENT 5,058,833 -- ISSUED Oct 22, 1991 -- ABSTRACT:
>A spaceship is provided with a freely spinning propeller mounted
>on the front end.  The propeller significantly reduces resistance
>to flight and also deflects space particles which might otherwise
>slow the craft.  The sides of the spacecraft have ridges which are
>coated on the front side with radiation reflecting material and
>on the back side with radiation absorbing material.  The resultant
>force of radiations being absorbed from the rear and reflected from
>the front propels the craft forward.

This is an actual patent! It makes for some very interesting reading in
that in the summary of invention it violates two laws of
thermodynamics and conservation of energy and conservation of
momentum.

What make it worse is that it is actually refernced by:

>US PATENT 5,427,335 -- ISSUED Jun 27, 1995 -- ABSTRACT:
>An apparatus and method for use thereof in the creating of a
>nanogravity environment substantially throughout a working volume
>sufficient for performing a desired operation and existing for a
>length of time sufficient for performing the desired operation are
>disclosed. Involved in the creation of the nanogravity environment are
>the use of an apparatus in which the mass density of the walls are
>distributed (either directly or by the attachment of compensating
>masses) so that the surface density of the mass is directly
>proportional to the electric charge density along the walls which
>would be sufficient to neutralize the interior electric field, the
>orbiting of the apparatus around a planetary mass, and the
>minimization of disruptive accelerations on the apparatus by the
>selective transfer of the momentum of solar photons to the apparatus.

Good luck reading this patent much less understanding it.

--
Peter Barada				pbarada@wavemark.com
Wizard					617-270-7098 x226

All opinions are mine, and not WaveMark's.

"Real men know that you should never attempt to accomplish with words
what you can do with a flame thrower" --Bruce Ferstein