Re: Results of "downloading compressed program images" request

At 12:12 PM 1/23/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>At 12:29 PM 1/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>I understand now. The opinions you expressed only pertain to the GPL
>>discussion. That's clear. Please ignore my earlier posts. They were made
>>before I understood what you said in this message.
>
>Hmm, I think that was my first post on this thread, so maybe you
>were thinking of someone else.  But I don't recall the threadlet
>involving anything *except* the GPL and the challenges it poses
>to embedded software.

Several statements in this discussion (not necessaraly by you) were made
that did not sound like they were intended to be limited to the context of
GPL software, e.g. "Privilege is keeping others down" or "I have little
sympathy with someone who wants to keep hardware specs secret merely so as
to beat out someone else'. I did not take these statements to be limited to
the context of GPL software.

Sorry, for the confusion.

Rick Collins

Rick Collins  Email: redsp@writeme.com
re:DSP, A Signal Processing Solutions Company
P.O. Box 1253
Warrenton, VA 20188-1253
540-349-9606
Web Page: http://www.angelfire.com/biz/redsp/