Re: Some newbie questions

At 08:48 AM 1/31/98 PST, you wrote:
>4.  I can't get SingleStep to recognize the debugging information.  I
>generate coff with -g, convert it to IEEE with objcopy, and then to
>SDS's format with fromieee.  But all I can display is disassembled code.
>Anyone else have experience with SDS? (I did see a thread about this in
>the archive, but it didn't look like it was completely answered; I'd
>call SDS, but I imagine they'd just try to sell me their compiler).

John,

I don't use gcc tools, so I can't help you with the other points, but if I
were you, I would not hesitate to call SDS about the object format problem.
I have used SingleStep and called for support before. They never acted as if
they were stingy with their time. They were not always especially competent
with their answers, but I doubt that they will turn you away without trying
to help you. If that does happen, give your salesman a call. My experience
with them is that they want you to be a satisfied customer.

In my case that meant providing support after normal working hours since I
was using their products in a second, moonlighting job. They gave me a
number of support in Calif that was able to help me as late as 11 PM EST.

So don't count them down before you have given them a chance. Give them a
try. What do you have to loose?

Rick Collins

Rick Collins  Email: redsp@writeme.com
re:DSP, A Signal Processing Solutions Company
P.O. Box 1253
Warrenton, VA 20188-1253
540-349-9606
Web Page: http://www.angelfire.com/biz/redsp/