RE: crossgcc: arbitrary sections?

The Idea is to not use the compiler.
  The compiler creates the 3 usual sections, text, data bss

   The linker creates arbitrary "OUTPUT" sections by taking
   the desired parts (text,data, bss) of an individual file and putting in the arbitrarity
   named "output" section.  The limitation (I believe) is that all the text or data or bss from an
   individual object file must go into 1 "output" section.

   We use this to put different parts of .text into flash or ram.  It is rather ugly to hard code
   sourcefile.o in linker scripts but it works reliably.