RE: binutils 2.9.1 for PowerPC/EABI under Windows NT

Hi,

> I have built binutils-2.9.1 for PowerPC/EABI on my WindowsNT4.0 SP3
> machine enhanced with cygwin32 19.1. I had some problems, I remember
> one where I had to remove optimization flags from the makefile and
> compile that single file (the same file as in your example?). Then I
> reinserted the optimization flags for the rest of the build.
>
> So try to compile this ./config/tc-ppc.c file without optimization.

It would appear that a bug in the Cygwin32 B19 compiler binaries is the
problem here. I upgraded to Mumit Khan's EGCS binaries
(http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/egcs.html) and a
failing build of powerpc-rtems binutils then started to work OK. Beta 19.5
which should be based on EGCS and is allegedly due in the middle of the
summer should fix these problems.

Dave

David Fiddes, CALM Software Production Officer
Department of Mathematics, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh
email D.J.Fiddes@hw.ac.uk - Tel: +44 131-451-3251
50th Aniversary of the Computer : 21st June 1948 :
http://www.computer50.org/