RE: Build error: "autoheader: not found" - SOLVED!

Yesterday I wrote:

> I am trying to build a m68k-coff-toolchain, following FAQ-0.8.2's section
> on
> One Pass Installation.
>
> Every thing works fine until I get this error:
>
> cd ../../src/gcc && autoheader
> /bin/sh: autoheader:  not found.
>
> Can anybody help me to recover.

Jerry Hicks informed me, that autoheader is part of the autoconf package,
and pointed me to the solution:
Download from a FTP-site with GNU-software autoconf and m4 (required by
autoconf) and install these.
Thank you, Jerry.

But I still wonder, why the autoheader-program is needed. FYI, my host is a
HP-ws, running HP-UX 10.20.

Regards,

Hans Peter Jepsen
--
Hans Peter Jepsen       Phone: +45 74 88 50 11
Danfoss Drives A/S,     Fax:   +45 74 65 28 38