Re: powerpc-unknown-eabi cross compile

I'm trying to compile a powerpc-unknown-eabi cross compiler on a
sparc-sun-solaris2.6 machine from the egcs_1_1_branch of the cvs sources.
It always dies out trying to configure libiberty a second time saying that
the compiler can not produce executables with a bunch of linker errors
like:
/usr/people/ford/local/powerpc/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-unknown-eabi/egcs-2.91.
57/libgcc.a(eabi.o)(.got2+0x8): undefined reference to `__SDATA_START__'

Interestingly enough, when I downloaded egcs-core-1.1b.tar.gz before, it
built without these errors.  I'm not sure if it even configured libiberty
a second time then because if I use the compiler that it installed to
execute the same test that the libiberty configure script does, I get the
same errors. I don't think these errors are really problems, I just
want to know how to get around them.  The reason I am trying to use the
cvs 1.1 branch is that the 1.1b release has an optimization bug that
crashes the program I need to compile.  I was hoping it might be fixed in
the cvs sources.

Please copy me on the response as I am not yet subscribed to the list.

--
Brian Ford
Software Engineer

To get help for the crossgcc list, send mail to
crossgcc-request@cygnus.com with the text 'help'
(without the quotes) in the body of the message.