Re: Specs file

> The only documentation I have ever found on the SPECS file is in the source
> code of 'gcc.c'.  After reading it, I was able with some experimentation to
> get the configuration I needed.

My problem was in gcc.c, and seems to be as follows:
My GCC_EXEC_PREFIX was f:\work3\testw9x\gcc-lib\

This bit of code in the %D macro of the specs files rejected a path
beginning F: as a relative path:
#ifdef RELATIVE_PREFIX_NOT_LINKDIR
		  /* Used on systems which record the specified -L dirs
		     and use them to search for dynamic linking.  */
		  /* Relative directories always come from -B,
		     and it is better not to use them for searching
		     at run time.  In particular, stage1 loses  */
		  if (pl->prefix[0] != '/' && pl->prefix[0] != DIR_SEPARATOR)
		    continue;
#endif

RELATIVE_PREFIX_NOT_LINKDIR is only turned on for one architecture in
the gcc-2.8.1 tree. That architecture is rs6000. The definition is then
inherited by the powerpc-eabi architecture, which doesn't even have
support for dynamic linking.

--

Adrian Cox, Transtech Parallel Systems
To get help for the crossgcc list, send mail to