Re: Problems using -mrtd and -mshort for m68k

Arjan Koers wrote:

> I have downloaded a compiler from www.calm.hw.ac.uk/davidf/coldfire/
> too. It appears that calls to functions like __floatsidf are handled
> correctly (the linked functions use 'rts' instead of 'rtd #..'). bcopy
> still has a problem. There are probably more problems, because I stil
> can't get things working completely.

Hello,

yes, the major issue as far as libgcc is concerned is support for the
'RTD' instruction in function calls, and this issue will not be apparent
in David's Coldfire compiler since the Coldfire doesn't support the RTD
instruction.  Getting the correct sizeof (int) is still an issue,
however, although this is much easier to deal with.

As of this writing, we have implemented our fixes for both of these
issues and are in the process of testing them now.  I hope to be able to
release the corrected compilers and libraries later this week.

Scott