RE: GCC for Siemens C165

Hi,

Just spotted this message from DJ Delorie on the Cygwin mailing list:

>> Besides that IMHO you have to provide the sources *on* *request*!
>
>Not quite.  You have to provide a *written* offer to provide the
>sources.  You can't do that via ftp/www, so that option isn't
>available to ftp/www binary distributions.  The only way to satisfy
>the GPL when you use ftp/www is to put the sources with the binaries
>so that the user can download them both at the same time.

Hightec can comply with this quite neatly by pulling the no-cost binaries
from their site...

To me this seems like it is very much in the spirit of the GPL... whose aim
is to guard the freedom not the cost of software.

If Hightec want to avoid the benefits of the open/communal development of
the EGCS/FSF version of gcc...that's their lookout ;)

Dave