Re: Interrupts with GCC/EGCS

Just some thoughts about interrupts on the PowerPC.

Interrupt handling is very different for 68K and PPC.

68K uses vectorized (in HW) interrupts. Exceptions are
handled the same way as interrupts.

PowerPC has one exception for all interrupts (external
exception). The vectorization has to be done in SW if
at all (for a simple static design it might not be
needed). How meaningful would an interrupt keyword in
gcc be? How interrupt routines are called are not
specified by the PowerPC architecture but by a custom
SW architecture.
--
	Ola Liljedahl
	olli@enea.se