RE: Problem building binutils

> Hi,

[...trouble building binutils under cygwin...]

> I use this configuration also(along with it's close cousin m68k-rtems ;).
> I have a fairly complete guide on how to build cross-compilers using
> Cygwin. Have a look in the docs section of
> http://www.calm.hw.ac.uk/davidf/coldfire/

Thanks much.  That did the trick.

Actually, I did two things: I replaced sh.exe with bash.exe, and I
made sure any patched files had the UNIX EOL by re-writing them with
CodeWright.  I re-ran "configure" and "make all install" and it all
worked.

Next, of course, is gcc.  Your FAQ discusses egcs, but I had read
previously in Cygnus' egcs site that Cygwin was not supported, so I
downloaded gcc 2.8.1.  I followed your suggestions (e.g., removing
the objc directory and linking the newlib and libgloss directories)
and ran configure, which seemed to work, but "make cross" (or "make
all install" for that matter) tries to run autoconf, which I don't
seem to have.

Any suggestions here?  Or should I just download egcs and build it as
you suggest in your docs?  I'm willing to do that, but I hate to
think my multi-megabyte download of gcc was wasted...

Thanks again for the help on binutils.

					-=Dave