gdb support for ppcbug

I am working on a project using a MCP750 Compact PCI board.  This
board has a JTAG/BDM capability, but only to the extent that there are
pads on the artwork; there are no pins soldered into the pads.  This
is apparently because they would stick up and interefere with the
memory card that sits piggyback on the board.  We were planning to use
the SDS Single Step BDM debugger, but I do not think that will work
now, due to the mechanical fit problem.

I heard somewhere that there is an extension to gdb that allows gdb to
gain control of the board by sending and receiving PPCbug commands
instead of using the remote gdb support code in the target.  This
would be great.  Does anyone know abything about this?

--
--------  "And there came a writing to him from Elijah"  [2Ch 21:12]  --------
R. J. Brown III  rj@elilabs.com http://www.elilabs.com/~rj  voice 847 543-4060