gcc and hitachi SH3 link errors

Hi.
    I am developing on wintel for the hitachi SH3.
    At my final link stage I get the following errors

WARNING: unresolved reference to symbol: "_read_psr"
WARNING: unresolved reference to symbol: "_exceptionHandler"
WARNING: unresolved reference to symbol: "_read_asi"
WARNING: unresolved reference to symbol: "_min"
WARNING: unresolved reference to symbol: "_putDebugChar"
WARNING: unresolved reference to symbol: "_ASSERT"
WARNING: unresolved reference to symbol: "_write_asi"
WARNING: unresolved reference to symbol: "_getDebugChar"
WARNING: unresolved reference to symbol: "_flush_i_cache"

Can anyone suggest where these functions ought to have been implemented ?
(I've tried linking to CRT0.O LIBC.A and LIBGCC.A)

Specifically the target is PowerTV Operating System on a SA2000 set top box.

Colin Redfern <colin@no-spam-please-innerworkings.co.uk>
Quote of the day:
  --Which is worse, ignorance or indifference
  --I don't know, and I don't care