Re: i386-pc-solaris2.7 to sparc-pc-solaris2.7 cross compiler

> > A quick 'hello world' will build and statically link fine. Anything a bit
> > more complicated just doesn't link and complains about dlopen() and
> > dlclose() being missing. I was hoping someone could give me a push in the
> > right direction as to where I might find information on getting the
> > linking stage working. Ideally it could cope with dynamically linking the
> > libraries on the target when the binary is run.

> Copy the sparc solaris libdl.so.* library to your host's
> $prefix/TARGET/lib library. ld should pick them up automatically and
> link them in. It does on my i686-pc-gnu-linux hosted sparc-solaris
> cross-compiler.

I have .a and .so files in $prefix/TARGET/lib and egcs only seems to want
to link in .a files.

Oops, my mistake, I'll post the problem and solution here in case someone
else makes it though.

I don't have access to a sparc running solaris7 so I grabbed the
headers/libraries from a solaris installation cd. Unfortunately they come
in some sort of pacakge format so I found the archives within the format
and just unzipped them. I thus missed sym links from library.so.1 to
library.so, thus the linker couldn't find the libraries.

So anyone else wanting to do this take note.

Thanks for the help though, because of your post I recompile under linux
(which is way faster) and I'm much happier now.

--Terry