Re: Cross-Compiler FOR mc68360?

Jeffrey A Law wrote:

>   In message <3772EAF8.7B042AB2@dgs.monash.edu.au>you write:
>   > egcs is based on gcc-2.8.1.  Cygnus is now the official maintainer of gcc.
>   >  The next release of gcc (gcc-2.9.5) will be based on
>   > the latest egcs code.
> Just a clarification to prevent any misunderstandings.
>
> Cygnus is not the official maintainer of gcc.  The egcs/gcc project is now the
> official maintainer of gcc.  While Cygnus does contribute to the egcs/gcc
> project, it does not control the egcs/gcc project.
>
> The egcs/gcc project is managed by a steering committee that is tasked with
> making important decisions in the best interests of the egcs/gcc project.

This is a copy of the April 20 News/Announcements at http://egcs.cygnus.com/

April 20, 1999
                       Yes, it is not a hoax: The egcs steering committee is
appointed official GNU maintainer for GCC; the egcs team will be responsible for
rolling out future GCC releases.  This will require some changes in policy and
procedures for the project. We will provide more information on those changes as
they are available.
www.gnu.org has the FSF announcement under the "GNU flashes" heading.

So the egcs steering committee is the official maintatiner for GCC.  I assumed
the egcs steering committee was Cygnus (at least Cygnus people) but this is
probably a bad assumption.

Brendan Simon.