*** Floating Point Unavailable ***

Hi,

 I'm building a cross-compiler for powerpc-motorola-eabi.  When I execute my program the following exception occurs: *** Floating Point Unavailable ***.

I think I can solve this problem by setting a bit in the MSR[FP] register. The most common place to do this seems to me the crt0 startup file. I'm using STARTUP(crt0.o); in my linkerfile. Doing this, ld returns the following error "multiple STARTUP
files". Maybe someone can answer this questions:

1) Is writing a bit to the MSR[FP] register the solution to this problem or should I tackle this problem in another way?

2) Where can I find the file that gcc uses as default startup-file?

3) How can I disable this default startup file?

4) Should I use the sim-crt0.c startup-file that comes with gcc or the crt0.S file that comes with newlib?

Kind regards,

Erik van Hoek