Re: General questions about installing Cross GCC

Thank you!

Now it works to build the tools with the correct names. To configure the
gcc-2.8.1, I use:

../gcc-2.8.1/configure --target=arm-coff --prefix=/usr/local/ARM
--program-prefix=arm-coff- \
--with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld

The name of the C compiler will be: arm-coff-gcc

If you don't specify "--program-prefix" the C compiler is named:
arm-unknown-coff-gcc, which
is not what I want! So, the trick was to really specify the "--program-prefix"

Thank you very much for your help!

CH