RE: When will gcc 2.95 be out?

Hello,

> > I'm one of those waiting for gcc 2.95, on the web site there is
> a schedule
> > which is expired two days ago. Not that I'm impatient, I just
> wonder if I
> > ought to expect it sooner or later.
>
> Jeff posted the following to the egcs list on Monday. As with all free
> software, you get what you pay for, so it will be ready when it's
> ready :-).
> I'm sure it will be out sooner rather than later.

Being a programmer for uh well, 15 years now, I always admired people
doing gcc and now egcs. I perfectly understand that these things take
time and that many people do it in their spare time.

And it's summer in many parts of the world! :-)

Just that it seems my egcs won't compile without crashing "internal
compiler" error all the time until it manages in the say 3rd attempt.

> Jeff Law wrote:
> > I decided to basically get away from egcs stuff this holiday weekend.
> >
> > I'm a little burnt out from the long days trying to get the
> release ready
> > and needed a few days away from the stress of getting a release ready.
> >
> > This will probably mean a 2-3 day slip in the release.  Sorry
> about that,
> > but I really need a few days away.

From my experience a wise thing to do. Otherwise something gets wrong....

	Thanks for informing, Kay