Re: FYI: gdb-4.18 + target ARM (or Thumb) used with Angel + DebianGNU/Linux

Christian Ericsson wrote:

> FYI:
>
> gdb-4.18 will not work with the configuration above, if not
> patched!
>
> I have been trying to get target debugging to work with
> Atmel evaluation board featuring the ARM7TDMI processor.
> The command "target rdi /dev/ttyS0" didn't work in gdb-4.18.
>
> The problem was that normal Linux systems use /dev/cua0
> as the first serial port, but Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 (which I use)
> use /dev/ttyS0 instead.

Well spotted. Actually, /dev/cua is deprecated on all modern linux systems
now.

It turns out after a quick look that the GDB team has already found and
fixed this problem. You can get a fixed snapshot from
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/gdb/. It's fixed in the gdb-19990719 snapshot
or later.

Jifl
--
Cygnus Solutions, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK.  Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"I used to have an open mind but || Get yer free open source RTOS's here...