Re: help with linux-sunos4 cross

fred anger wrote:

> Hi.  I am trying to build a linux-to-sunos4 cross gcc/g++.  I have built
> the cross binutils and applied the crossgcc patch to my gcc source
> (2.8.1), and most of it builds ok until it tries to build g++.  I get
> the following error:
>
> gcc -DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC    -g  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -o g++ g++.o
> g++spec.o prefix.o \
>   version.o choose-temp.o pexecute.o  obstack.o ` case "gcc" in "cc")
> echo "" ;; esac `
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot open crt0.o: No such file or directory
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [g++] Error 1
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this and get the cross g++ to build?  Thank
> you for your time.

I'm not sure if these will fix your problem, but these are some gotchas
that I found.

* Make sure you have installed the cross-binutils and that the install
directory ($prefix) is in your path.  Are you compiling binutils and gcc
seperately or are you using the one source tree approach ?

* Have you pre-installed the sunos4 headers and libraries on your linux
system ?  If not you need to put the sunos4 headers in
$prefix/$target/include and the sunos4 libraries in $prefix/$target/lib.

Brendan Simon.