Re: PowerPC Cross Help

"J.K. Brown" wrote:

> I have been attempting to build a Cygwin -> PPC X-compiler.  I
> successfully built and installed Binutils for powerpc-elf.

Are you builing on a Cygwin host or are you building on a Linux host for
a cygwin-to-linux cross-compiler (ie. Canadian build) ?

> In using EGCS-1.1.2, the make results in the following error:
>
> _muldi3
> as: unrecognized option `-ppc'
> make[3]: *** [libgcc2.a] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [stmp-multilib-sub] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [stmp-multilib] Error 1
> make: *** [cross] Error 2
>
> The assembler call should be: "-mppc".  The "specs" file also
> indicates this.  Might there be a patch available or another method to
> fix this problem?  Either the make does not use the powerpc assembler
> or the assembler is not being sent '-mppc'.

I haven't seen error this before.  Yes, the specs file does specify
-mppc for the assember.  Are you sure you added $prefix/$target/bin to
your path after installing binutils.  If not, then you are probably
picking up the naitvie assember.  Try "export
PATH=$prefix/$target/bin:$PATH" substituting the relevant values for
$prefix and $target.

Brendan Simon.