Re: BFD Documentation?

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> Jeff Hammond <j.hammond@cputech.com> wrote:
> > I am trying to build a cross compiler using cygwin for a 1750A
> > target.  I get hung up during the configure phase because
> > there is no BFD support for the 1750A in bfd/config.bfd (the 2.95
> > version of bfd/config.bfd has the same problem).
> That's right, there is no BFD support for the 1750A.  Nobody has
> contributed the code.
> > Based on the GCC docs I have seen on the 1750A it seems
> > that this used to work.  What happened?
> There has never been an 1750A port in the official GNU binutils.
> Perhaps there is some port somewhere, but it was never contributed.

When looking at the webpage:
    http://www.xgc.com/xgc/gcc-1750/prod01.htm

I saw that the XGC version, 'GCC-1750' was funded by European Space Agency,
is a derived work of GCC, but probably never tried to pass through the FSF
bureacracy... The equivalent 32-bit Sparc/ERC32-system seems to
'contributed'...

 The XGC-ERC32-version for Win32 host was downloadable sometimes, now I
couldn't find the 'download' in the webpage...

 Looking at the ESA-site, I found something at:
    ftp://ftp.estec.esa.nl/pub/ws/wsd/1750a/

 Cheers, Kai