Microtech m68k cc/as compatablity

Hi,.

I am porting a load of code from the microtech cross compiler to
gcc, there seem to be more than a few holes in the documentation.

With microtech you can force the compiler to (NOT) generate pc relative
code, i.e with absolute addresses, is there an equiverlent for gcc/as. ??

We have a fair chunk of asm startup code, which interfaces with the c code
for stack operations etc, what registers does gcc trash when calling
returning from calls. ??

Also when gdb disassembles code we get numbers like 47836 in the
disassembly, where instructions would normaly appear what is going on here.
??

Are there any other gcc/as spesifc issues that would cause lowlevel problems
with our code. ??

Why dont my code work. ??  :-)

regards

--