Re: Cross Compile to a mips r3000 processor (playstation)

"s382040@popserver.tue.nl" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Currently I am trying to make a crosscompiler from linux to playstation.
> Anybody got some experience?

 Not from Playstation, but generally you must at least have or know:

 1. The needed binary format. Rumours say that Playstation needs the ecoff format,
    so the target 'mips-idt-ecoff' could serve for it.

 2. The proprietary libs and headers for Playstation. Where you will get these
    is totally unknown by me... I suspect them not being freely available, probably
    Sony wants its money from the tools too.

 If you get the headers and libs for Playstation, building the cross-tools for
it should happen quite in a standard way: installing the libs and headers into
the '$prefix/$target/...' and then building the binutils and GCC...

 Please see the U.K. Algorithmics site: http://www.algor.uk.co  They work with
the MIPS targets and have a prebuilt ELF-toolset for Linux (egcs-1.0 based when
I last saw it). But I don't remember anything about the Playstation there...

Cheers, Kai