Re: Installing info files

"Russ.Shaw" <russell@webaxs.net> wrote:

> I did "make info" and "make install-info" in a newlib build directory,
> and it installed various files such as configure.info etc into
> /usr/local/info.

Well, it's a toolchain maintainer's responsibility that it gets correctly to
this point, so I'm good. :-)

> However, i can't get them to display in the info reader.
> Also, i can't find anything such as an INFOPATH environment variable.

Sorry, not my department. I don't use info, or in fact any GNU software other
than the Cygnus toolchain.

> Is there another step to make these files known to the info reader?

I'm not sure. I don't recall having any info-related targets in the Cygnus tree
makefiles other than info and install-info.

--
Michael Sokolov		Harhan Engineering Laboratory
Public Service Agent	International Free Computing Task Force

Phone: +1-214-824-7693 (Harhan Eng Lab office)
E-mail: msokolov@ivan.Harhan.ORG (ARPA TCP/SMTP) (UUCP coming soon)