Re: Need Help "PPP for 16 bit microcontroller"

It sounds like you have not verified the proper operation of
the communications port software on the embedded side.  You
need to test that thoroughly before moving on to the more
complicated PPP.

FWIW there is now an H8 port of RTEMS and RTEMS includes
a PPP stack.  Your communications device driver still has
to work but unless PPP is the focus of your thesis, it
should save you a lot of time.