Re: problem installing gcc 2.95.2 on m68k-coff (fwd)

Meir Hacohen wrote:

>   Thanks for the help. I use the option 'make CFLAGS="-v -O2"' and I
> found, that there is no search list for the include "... " . How can I
> solve this problem.

 Another interpretation could be that the search lists are identical.

 If quoting the GNU cpp manual:

---------------------- clip ------------------------------------
#include "file"
This variant is used for header files of your own program.  It searches
for a file named file first in the current directory, then in the same
directories used for system header files.  The current directory is the
directory of the current input file.  It is tried first because it is
presumed to be the location of the files that the current input file
refers to.  (If the -I- option is used, the special treatment of the
current directory is inhibited.)
---------------------- clip ------------------------------------

 So my memory about using the '"'s around the header names was wrong,
using them causes searching also from the system headers.

> Following is the relevant output :
>
> GNU CPP version 2.95.2 19991024 (release) (hppa)
> #include "..." search starts here:
> #include <...> search starts here:
>  .
>  ../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc
>  ../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/config
>  ../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/../include
>  /usr/local/include
>
> /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20/2.95.2/../../../../hppa1.1-hp-hpux1
> 0.20/include
>  /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20/2.95.2/include
>  /usr/include

 The first four come from the '-I' options on the GCC command line...

 So these seem to be quite ok for a native compiler, although the one
with the 'relative path' may cause some questions, e.g. quite many
Linux-distributions may have it symlinked to the standard headers in
'/usr/include', and not as an empty directory for some extra headers,
as the purpose for it seems to be. A cross-compiler has the standard
target headers there, so it will be included last.

Cheers, Kai