.elf to .bin (making an image)

How do I create an image of an executable suitable for burning into flash?
I have a .elf, so a file converter would do. Or, alternatively how do I
get ld to create both output formats?

Second question... How do I include this binary dump into the rodata
segment of a different app? Convert the .bin to .h and include it in the
second app? (I think I remember seeing a util that would do this) Or, is
there a way to get an ld script to link the .bin in with a symbol at the
start of the dump? The second app will be burning flashes with this
binary.

Thanks,
Shaun