Re:Q: gcc crosscompiler: Cygwin as host and arm7 as target

>I have to admit that I am a newbie when it comes to building cross
>compilers, and a _complete_newbie_ in using cygwin.
>

>Can anybody hold my hand and explain slowly - step by step - what I have
>to do to build the mentioned flavour of gcc?
I hope you have read the crossgcc FAQ, if not.
Check http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC first

and setup cygwin enviorment is easy now
(they really create a fascinating interface)
execute this on you windoze
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/setup.exe
install 'full' and 'cur' package is recommend
  ..'full' and 'cur' will show in the install dialog