building crossgcc for m68k-coff on WINNT

hi,

I have successfully install cygwin on my WIN-NT machine.(pentium )

Next, I have unpacked : binutils-2.10  newlib-1.8.2 gcc-2.95.2

Next, I have to configure binutils - this is where I stuck.

The Error message: Invalid  machine i686-pc-cygwin

the command I am using:

configure --target=m68k-coff --prefix=$prefix

I have searched and found: file bashbug contains the machine

type default to be i686-pc-cygwin.

My Q: It seems that the binutils dont recognize i686-pc-cygwin

in its configuration process.  I believe that the machine type

should be one of the types in the configure file.

Then, if we follow this rule, I have not seen anything that

includes cygwin.

Therefore, I will have ToDO: --host=machine_type

My question for you would be - which type should I pick for pentium

machine?

thanx, ronen.

http://profiles.msn.com.