RE: GCC 2.95.2 for arm-wrs-vxworks

Kai,

Thank you for your input.  Noe I realize why gcc driver report to run 2.7.9
compiler, it must come from the WRS GCC headers which I explicitly used in
the --with-headers options to configure.  I shall point it to the right
place and try to build the darn thing again:)

I am totally and completely sure I used arm-wrs-vxworks-gcc, which I have
copied over to our WRS build environment along with it's libraries
(libibrety.a and other stuff built with gcc).

I also explicitly used --without-newlib option for configure, I assume that
should have eliminated use of newlib, although I am not quite cklear what
you meant by:

The rule
goes that ONLY the target headers and libs should be used, not newlib,
whatever the
CrossGCC may say that one must use for 'embedded targets'...

Using the VxWorks-headers from a WRS-GCC-distribution involves all kind of
unexpected and VxWorks-specific problems. When you haven't mentioned having
used
any instructions for "How to build a VxWorks targeted compiler from
gcc-2.95.2
sources", and not mentioned any of the known problems, like

Where do I obtain such document?

This stuff is really aggravating:)

Thanks,
Sergey