mips-tfile trouble while building xgcc for mips64-elf

Howdy,

	My larger problem is that the current cross compiler I have for mips
seems to not be able to produce correctly formatted symbol tables under
the -g flag. So I thought I'd get lates sources and compile again. But
Now I have run into a very suspicioius smaller problem....

	I'm trying to build a cross compiler for mips64. I've got
binutils-2.10   and
gcc-2.95.2

	I set configured with target=mips64-elf and host=i686-pc-linux-gnu.
My host system is Redhat 6.2 as upgraded from Redhat 5.something.

	The binutils buid with no problems. But when I try and build gcc, I
eventuall wind up with the following error:
xgcc: installation problem, cannot exec `mips-tfile': No such file or
directory
make[1]: *** [libgcc1-asm.a] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/rcharlet/src/crossGccNewlib/gcc-2.95.2/gcc'
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2

	Now it is true that mips-tfile has not been built (and is therefore not
available to the xgcc which did just get built).

	So, what is mips-tfile (and mips-dump) for? It is certianly related to
the symbol table which is the crux of my larger problem. Is the problem
that it is not being built or that xgcc should not really expect it?
Where should I go from here?

Thanks in advance
Ricky Charlet

--
  Ricky Charlet   : Redcreek Communications   : usa (510) 795-6903